Pages

.

Crock Pot - Traditional Beef Stew Recipe

In the fall and winter many weeks, I enjoy making vigorous soups and stews around my crock pot for my loved ones. I love the fact that I can spend a short while in the morning preparing it, put it into your slow cooker and vanish... a few hours after, our dinner is hot and ready to enjoy.

The following recipe was given to me by my personal 83 year old excellent aunt about 25 rice. To this day, I still enjoy making it for my family. If you don't like okra, you can easily omit it from your recipe. At times, I've actually substituted the okra along with some fresh green pinto beans or green peas, and the stew was just as delicious.

Old-Fashioned Beef Stew Recipe

2 lbs. beef cubes

1/2 glass all-purpose flour

2 tablespoons veggie oil

1 bay leaf

1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce

1 onion, finely cut

1 cup beef bouillon

1/2 teaspoon floor black pepper

2 teaspoons dining room table salt

2 teaspoons granulated sugars

4 carrots, peeled and sliced in 1" portions

1 cup celery, cut

4 potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes

four medium-sized turnips, peeled and quartered

4 1/2 cups water

1 cup partially cooked okra

In a sizable frying pan, heat up the vegetable oil over moderate heat. Brown beef cubes about all sides.

In your current crock pot combine your browned beef cubes, these kinds of leaf, Worcestershire sauce, red onion, bouillon, pepper, salt, granulated sugar and the vegetables listed in your recipe. Pour in 4 1/2 cups of water and stir to ensure everything is combined.
              
Cover and set the dial to high temperature and slow cook for 6 hours. Remove lid and stir in flour if at all needed to thicken your soup. Replace lid and turn the dial to low heat and simmer for 1-2 additional hours.


No comments:

Post a Comment